BattleGroundz Gaming Center Code of Conduct
All staff, players, spectators, customers, and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures everyone enjoy themselves as much as possible. Any conduct that makes it not fun for anyone else to participate, observe, shop, or be at a BattleGroundz Gaming Center is not allowed.
BattleGroundz Gaming Center reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion of the BattleGroundz Gaming Center Code of Conduct.
The following are not tolerated:
- Excessive Foul or Abusive Language – will not be tolerated in the store. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of BattleGroundz Gaming Center staff for excessive derogatory, abusive, or foul language.
- Bullying – including hazing, discriminatory or derogatory language, comments or activities will not be tolerated at any level.
- Theft – of any property is not tolerated and will result in a call to local law enforcement and permanently banned from BattleGroundz Gaming Center.
- Improper Attire – Wearing of obscene, demeaning, or overly revealing attire is not allowed. You may be asked to leave if you are wearing anything that we believe to be inappropriate. This is at the sole discretion of BattleGroundz Gaming Center Staff.
- Poor Personal Hygiene – Body odor, and general “unkempt” appearance that can offend others around you is distracting and unnecessary. We can and will ask you to leave and “freshen up” before your next visit.
- Drugs or Alcohol – in or out of your person. Anyone caught with drugs or with physical signs of their use (appearance, actions and body odor) at a BattleGroundz Gaming Center event including parking lots at BattleGroundz Gaming Center may receive a life-time ban on the first offense without warning. (No Skunk Funk!)
- Weapons – don’t bring weapons into BattleGroundz Gaming Center. Any LARP or Cosplay costumes requiring a weapon must be pre-approved by BattleGroundz Gaming Center.
- P2P Sales – player-to-payer buying and/or selling of any items including cards at BattleGroundz Gaming Center including the parking lots at BattleGroundz Gaming Center without direct written permission from at BattleGroundz Gaming Center is strictly forbidden and may result in a life-time ban on the first offense without warning.
- Making a Mess – Please pick up after yourself and leave the game space as clean and neat as you found it. Tables and chairs are to be returned to their original locations and all waste items are to be properly disposed of in the trash or recycling containers.
- Destruction of Property – Causing damage to any property within BattleGroundz Gaming Center is strictly prohibited. We understand that accidents can happen and it’s up to the discretion of the BattleGroundz Staff to evaluate each incident. Please respect all property within the center, failure to do so may result in a life-time ban on the first offense without warning.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators and staff:
- Respect: Players, spectators, customers, staff and property should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves and their property. Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in an event.
- Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. A player should prefer to lose a game than to win by cheating.
- Taking advantage of inexperienced players: other customers or BattleGroundz Gaming Center events and venues for personal gain through trades or promotion of competing businesses is not fair and will not be tolerated.
- All decisions of the judge are final. Store employees have no influence on the decisions of the judge.
- Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. If a player inadvertently breaks a rule during a game and becomes aware of the error before his or her opponent or a judge, that player should make the opponent and the judge aware of the misplay.
- Observing an illegal activity and not reporting it immediately to BattleGroundz Gaming Center Staff is a violation of the BattleGroundz Gaming Center Code of Conduct. We ask that you tell us about any illegal activities involving actions in our stores or at our events. Observing illegal activity and not reporting it makes you an accessory to the crime.
- Promotion of other business is disrespectful of the community and business of BattleGroundz Gaming Center. This includes the promotion or sale of cards, games or other items including any form of online sales and events from other venues without the express written permission of a BattleGroundz Gaming Center are strictly prohibited and grounds for expulsion from events and/or denial of entry for future events at the sole discretion of BattleGroundz Gaming Center staff.
- Theft is disrespectful of personal property and will not be tolerated at any level BattleGroundz Gaming Center reserves the right to search any container, bag, package, case, or items at any time for in our venues or at any event we host, run or participate in. Large bags, purses or backpacks will be asked to be left at the register while you shop or kept in the gaming area.
- Please arrive on time for events. Keeping an entire tournament waiting for you is disrespectful. If you are going to be late or unable to attend, please contact us.
- Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. The desire to continue playing a game can be soured by players that berate their opponents after winning or losing a match. Demeaning, disrespectful comments, or actions before, during or after a game indicate poor sportsmanship and will not be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times.
At the end of the day we want all participants, spectators, customers and staff to have had a fun and enjoyable experience and thank you for following the BattleGroundz Gaming Center Code of Conduct to make this possible.